Admissions – Beginners’ Entry for September 2015
The closing date for sending in applications for our beginners’ level has now passed. We are no longer accepting applications for 2015/16.
The main entry criteria for the Beginners class is:
- Age of child – must be at least 4 years and 9 months by September.
- Alphabet recognition – must be able to read/recognise at least 22 of the 28 arabic letter.
- Recitation – must be able to recite Sura Al Fatiha fluently.
Please take some time to read the following notes carefully to avoid any disappointment.
- The test will take place on 30 May 2015 at the school.
- To enrol your child for the admissions test, please download, complete and submit the Admissions Test Application Form (available in both MS Word and PDF format) via email.
- The deadline for registration is 16 May 2015. This is the final date we can receive applications for the test. Upon receipt of your application we will send you a confirmation email within 7 days – if for any reason you do not receive the confirmation email, please call us on 07725 039 914 as soon as possible.
- Prior to the test you will be sent a letter of invite. Note: this is an invite only test not a drop in test (i.e. your child will not be allowed to sit the test if you just turn up on the day).
- All children will sit the test at the same time – you will be allowed to accompany your child into the test room. Any intervention from the parent during the test is not acceptable.
- As the test is a live test – you will immediately know their score. There is no sibling/distance criteria that will give your child priority entry. Entry is simply based on test result.
- All successful applicants will be advised via email and you will be invited to formally enrol your child the following week.
- Child must be able to recognise, at MINIMUM, 22 of the 28 arabic letters as indicated below:
- Child must be able to recite Surat Al Fatiha unprompted.
Please fill in a registration application form, available in both MS Word and PDF format, and submit via e-mail.
Your child will be invited for an informal assessment – based on outcome a place will be confirmed if places are available.